felony in chandler - person being handcuffed

I’ve been convicted of a felony in Arizona. Is there anything left to do? | Part II

In our last blog post, we outlined a few of the avenues that remain after you are convicted of a misdemeanor or felony in Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe or anywhere in Arizona. This included Appeals, Habeas Corpus, PCR Petitions and Arizona Rule 32. Today we will go over the remaining recourses that are available to you and your legal counsel.

Sentence Modifications

You are legally permitted to file a Motion to Modify Probation or Motion to Modify Sentence at any time after your sentencing. These sentence modifications can include requesting the  deletion or deferral of jail time or simply the reduction of a fee due to financial hardship.

Expungement / Restoration of Civil Rights

In place of Expungement, Arizona provides the opportunity for the Restoration of Civil Rights and a Judgment of Guilt Set Aside. What this basically means is that if a judge grants the Motion to Set Aside Judgment of Guilt, then you are legally allowed to tell others that you have not been convicted.

Petition for Early Termination of Probation

If you have served half of your probation term, it is often possible to get the probation terminated. Sometimes this can be accomplished even sooner.

Are you ready to make a difference, reduce your sentence or have your rights restored?  Contact certified criminal law specialist Todd Coolidge today to aid you in your Post Conviction Issues/Appeals Process! 480-264-5111

*The information in this blog is for general information purposes only. This blog post should not be taken to constitute a formal recommendation or professional advice. We exclude all representations, warranties, legal liability or responsibility relating to its content.

Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (6/1/2016) Keith Allison (Flickr)